Can you be a little more specific as to where this banging noise is coming from?
(This is a sample c of q question I received and don't know the answer).... If a back up generator starts up and there is a banging noise, what could cause this?
Can you be a little more specific as to where this banging noise is coming from?
Sorry, I wish I could, but this was all the information that I can remember from the c of q exam. Perhaps I'm missing some helpful info, but maybe someone out there has run into a similar problem.
hello there:
if you heard the koncking noise, if this is a 3 phase generator , and have multi generators on line and if both geneators or more not in phase sequice and phase angle[aka phase shift] not in parallel and it will knock like crazy. belive me i did see it happend before some case it will stall it. or trip the ocpd devices .
oh btw if also get knocking noise it possible have open phase in the generator[s]
i will explain more later more details how to parallel multi units
merci, marc
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 18, 2004 06:41 PM: Message edited by: frenchelectrican ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">just interested in what c of q stands for?Originally posted by Bill Watt:
(This is a sample c of q question I received and don't know the answer).... If a back up generator starts up and there is a banging noise, what could cause this?
Bookmarks